https://www.euroxr-association.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/WE-ARE-HIRING.jpg 500 500 Mónica https://www.euroxr-association.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/EuroXR-Logo.svg Mónica2021-12-07 09:28:542021-12-07 09:29:56Open position: PROFESSOR IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Open position: PROFESSOR IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
KU Leuven has a full-time vacancy for academic staff (professor) in Mechanical Engineering at Group T Leuven Campus. The topic of the vacancy is haptics and virtual reality with a specialization in design and validation of haptic technology to interact with different instances of mediated realities. The focus lies on medical applications, but results could find leverage beyond this field.
- You have a PhD in Engineering Technology, Engineering Science or a similar degree relevant to the vacancy
- You have a strong research track record in the discipline, evidenced by your publications and/or by your research experience with industry. International and industrial experience are considered advantageous. You have a vision on research and the possible synergy and compatibility with ongoing research on campus and at the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- You have a vision on providing quality academic education in your field. Teaching experience is a plus.
- You have organisational skills and a collegial attitude. You also have leadership skills in a university or industrial context.
- A good knowledge of English is a prerequisite. KU Leuven offers courses in academic English.
We offer full-time employment in an intellectually challenging environment and with a high degree of freedom. KU Leuven is a research-intensive, internationally oriented university that conducts both fundamental and applied scientific research. Our university has a strong inter- and multidisciplinary orientation and strives for international excellence. To this end, it actively cooperates with its research partners at home and abroad. She offers her students an academic education based on high-level scientific research.