KU Leuven has a full-time vacancy for academic staff (professor) in Mechanical Engineering at Group T Leuven Campus. The topic of the vacancy is haptics and virtual reality with a specialization in design and validation of haptic technology to interact with different instances of mediated realities. The focus lies on medical applications, but results could find leverage beyond this field.
- You have a PhD in Engineering Technology, Engineering Science or a similar degree relevant to the vacancy
- You have a strong research track record in the discipline, evidenced by your publications and/or by your research experience with industry. International and industrial experience are considered advantageous. You have a vision on research and the possible synergy and compatibility with ongoing research on campus and at the Department of Mechanical Engineering.
- You have a vision on providing quality academic education in your field. Teaching experience is a plus.
- You have organisational skills and a collegial attitude. You also have leadership skills in a university or industrial context.
- A good knowledge of English is a prerequisite. KU Leuven offers courses in academic English.