iLRN 2021: 7th International Conference of the Immersive Learning Research Network
May 17 – June 10, 2021, on iLRN Virtual Campus, powered by Virbela
Conference theme: “TRANSCEND: Accelerating Learner Engagement in XR across Time, Place, and Imagination”
Technically co-sponsored by the IEEE Education Society, with proceedings to be submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore®
After the success of iLRN 2020 returns for the 7th edition, the International Conference of the Immersive Learning Research Network (iLRN 2021). This year it will be an innovative and interactive virtual gathering for a strengthening global network of researchers and practitioners collaborating to develop the scientific, technical, and applied potential of immersive learning. The event focusing on advances in the use of virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR), and other extended reality (XR) technologies to support learners across the full span of learning–from K-12 through higher education to work-based, informal, and lifelong learning contexts.
This year’s conference will once again be based on the iLRN Virtual Campus, powered by VirBELA, but with a range of activities taking place on various other XR simulation, gaming, and other platforms. Scholars and professionals working from informal and formal education settings, as well as those representing diverse industry sectors, are invited to participate in the conference, where they may share their research findings, experiences, and insights.
SUBMISSION STREAMS & CATEGORIES
ACADEMIC STREAM (Refereed paper published in proceedings):
- Full (6-8 pages) paper for oral presentation
- Short paper (4-5 pages) for oral presentation
- Work-in-progress paper (2-3 pages) for poster presentation
- Doctoral colloquium paper (2-3 pages)
- Main round submission deadline – all submission types welcome: 2021-01-15
- Notification of review outcomes from main submission round: 2021-04-01
- Late round submission deadline – Work-in-progress papers, practitioner presentations, and nontraditional sessions only: 2021-04-08
- Camera-ready papers for proceedings due – Full and short papers: 2021-04-15
- Presenter registration deadline – Full and short papers (also deadline for early-bird registration rates): 2021-04-15
- Notification of review outcomes from late submission round: 2021-04-19
- Camera-ready work-in-progress papers and nontraditional session extended abstracts for proceedings due; final practitioner abstracts for conference program due: 2021-05-03
- Presenter registration deadline – Work-in-progress papers, practitioner presentations, and nontraditional sessions: 2021-05-03
- Deadline for uploading presentation materials (videos, slides for oral presentations, posters for poster presentations): 2021-05-10
- Conference opening: 2021-05-17
- Conference closing: 2021-06-10
*Full and short papers can only be submitted in the main round.