Open position: Research Fellow – Immersive Audio
The Imperial College London is looking for a Research Fellow position on Immersive Audio Research, to work on the project SONICOM.
The goal of the project is to transform auditory-based social interaction and communication in Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) by using Artificial Intelligence (AI) approaches and techniques. Specifically, the Research Fellow will be involved in the research within the following work-packages (WPs):
• WP1-Immersion: AI-based HRTF (Head Related Transfer Function) modelling and selection; spatial hearing perception; room acoustic simulation.
• WP2-Interaction: using data-driven AI methodologies to infer socially and psychologically relevant perceptions of a user within an immersive AR/VR environment.
Duties and responsibilities
The activities specifically associated with this post are to:
- Integration of machine learning techniques and approaches to immersive audio-visual tools and applications.
- Design and develop immersive audio-visual tools and applications using off-the-shelf and custom equipment.
- These can be implemented in programming languages/environments such as Unity, C#/Swift, C++, and others
- . In terms of hardware, the platforms that will be used are HTC Vive, Oculus Rift/Go/Quest and iOS.
- The development and integration of custom components (e.g. headphones, microphones, etc.) will also be required Design and develop immersive audio experiments, specifically on spatial
Partner: Imperial College London
Contract length: Full time (24 months)
Application deadline: 12 March 2021
Download the complete job description
Submit your application here