The Glasgow School of Art and the Scottish Social Services Council are looking for a Research Assistant, with a Fixed Term Contract (2.5 Months), for the project “Be Me: Virtual Reality immersive experience native smartphone application (iOS and Android)” to implement a user-friendly Virtual Reality Application.
Responsibilities will include:
• Technically support and ensure the efficient running of the project including, design,
development and dissemination activities
• Design and develop a user-friendly mobile application using Mobile Virtual Reality Library
to communicate to develop empathy among healthcare professional targeted audiences
• To assess up-to-date Virtual Reality functionalities to develop playful and engaging user
interface on Android/iOS mobile device.
• To provide expertise on user-centered design approach in visualisation.
• Contribute to the dissemination of the project outcomes and public engagement activities in
collaboration with the project team.
• Comply with all GSA policies and procedures including Research Data Management and
the GSA Research Ethics Policy
Experience and knowledge:
The post-holder must possess a postgraduate qualification in a Computer related discipline or
equivalent experience in relevant areas (e.g. 2D GUI Design, Visualisation, Virtual/Augmented
Reality and Human-Computer Interaction). In addition, the post-holder must demonstrate:
• Experience in and current knowledge of research in data visualisation;
• Experience of working in mixed discipline environments, and comfortable in working with
creative and technical disciplines;
• An effective approach to planning and organizing work;
• High standards of research conduct including ethical aspects.
Download the complete job description
Submit your application here