MarDATA is currently recruiting 5 doctoral researchers at AWI, Bremerhaven. Deadline: 21 Feb 2022 (23:59 CET)
The positions are advertised as part of the “INSPIRES Call” at AWI and applications must be submitted through the application system at AWI.
For details on the application process and required documents see How to apply and individual project links above.
Deadline for applications: 21 Feb 2022 (23:59 CET)
Short-listed candidates will receive invitations to present themselves during a virtual recruitment period scheduled for 25 to 29 April 2022.
We are looking for excellent graduates holding master degrees in computer science (“Informatik” in German), software architecture, data engineering, data analytics, advanced statistics, machine learning, numerical and applied mathematics, bioinformatics or electrical engineering/technical cybernetics. MSc graduates from marine sciences will only be considered if they can additionally demonstrate solid knowledge in the above-mentioned topics.
All doctoral candidates are subject to the local doctoral regulations of the corresponding university faculties of mathematics, natural sciences, engineering and informatics. Registration with the corresponding faculty is required at the beginning of the programme to ensure that each doctoral candidate is formally eligible to receive a doctoral degree.
- Data-based Probabilistic Parameter Estimation for Ocean and Earth System Models (m/f/d)
- Bayesian Chronology Modelling for Paleoclimate Archives (m/f/d)
- Employing data science for mapping sea ice surface change on decadal time scales (m/f/d)
- Pattern Recognition in CT-images of Polar Ice Cores (m/f/d)
- Interactive exploration and visualization of chemical ocean data (m/f/d)