CONTINUUM is looking for a project manager for the implementation phase of the equipment, planned for 5 years from 2022.
The equipment to be acquired and deployed include 1) the upgrade and extension of existing platforms (immersive spaces, wall displays), 2) the interconnection of platforms to enable telecollaboration (audio/video/data network), 3) the distributed management of mobile and lightweight equipment (virtual and augmented reality headsets, mobile screens), and 4) the deployment of biophysical sensors.
CONTINUUM is an excellence facility (“Equipex+”) funded by the Investissements d’Avenir program and led by CNRS. It aims to create a collaborative research infrastructure of 30 high-performance visualization and immersion platforms to observe, manipulate, understand and share digital data, multi-scale simulations and augmented experiments. It brings together 22 academic partners and 35 research teams that will develop cutting-edge research focused on visualization, immersion, interaction and collaboration, as well as on human perception, cognition and behavior in virtual/augmented reality.
– Develop, coordinate and manage the acquisition and deployment of new equipment in conjunction with the project’s Technical Committee and existing platforms
– Ensure the consistency and interoperability of the technical solutions selected
– Lead the bidding process and follow up with service providers and suppliers for the project’s cross-functional lots (telecollaboration, mobile equipment)
– Monitor these tender procedures for the lots specific to each platform
– Ensure the inventory of equipment acquisitions made by each platform
– Lead / coordinate the network of engineers of the different platforms
– Coordinate and participate in the evaluation of the costs of use of the different platforms
– Participate as an expert in internal and external working groups
– Carry out a technology watch
18 February 2022
The position will be based at LISN (Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire des Sciences du Numérique), a joint research unit of CNRS and Université Paris-Saclay, located on the Saclay plateau south of Paris.
The position involves travel to the project sites: Aix-en-Provence, Belfort, Brest, Chalon-sur-Saône, Compiègne, Grenoble, Lille, Marseille, Rennes, Strasbourg, Versailles.