The 16th EuroVR International Conference (23-25 October 2019 in Tallinn, Estonia), opens the 1st call for contributions. From this year on, all contributions are organized in two main tracks, each one divided into several categories as follows.
1) Scientific track submissions can be:
- Long (14-20 pages) or short (8-10 pages) scientific papers: original, unpublished papers documenting new research contributions, practice and experience, or novel applications in VR or AV/AR/MR.
- Scientific poster papers (4-6 pages): work in progress or other scientific contributions that do not fit one of the categories of this call, such as ideas for unimplemented and/or unusual systems.
For this track, the International Program Committee (IPC) chairs, with the Poster chairs for the second category of submissions, will select the accepted contributions thanks to a double-blind peer reviewing process among IPC members. All accepted papers will be published with the sizing corresponding to their category in the Scientific proceedings of EuroVR 2019, edited by Springer as a volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. For your convenience, indexing information of LNCS series is available on this Springer webpage.
2) Application track contributions can be:
- Application talk (1 page abstract): best practices, practical use cases of VR or AV/AR/MR, project results of applications using such technologies in industry and other sectors, as well as actual or potential transfers of academic results.
- Application poster (1 page abstract): recently completed VR or AV/AR/MR applied for work, application in progress, or unusual applications.
- Demo & Exhibition (1 page abstract): live demonstrations of past and on-going projects. Technology developers and suppliers, exhibitors, digital artists, and members of the commercial VR or AV/AR/MR communities are all invited to exhibit and demonstrate the latest technologies and applications.
For this track, the Application chairs, Poster chairs, and Demo & Exhibition chairs, depending on the submission category, will manage acceptation of the contributions. All accepted abstracts in this track will be published in the Application proceedings of EuroVR 2019 as an ISBN-registered volume edited by VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
JOURNAL INVITATION AND AWARDS
In addition, a set of the best-accepted contributions will be selected by a special committee structured according to the categories of the Scientific and Application tracks, to invite the authors of the selected contributions to submit an extended version to the open access journal Frontiers in Virtual Environments.
Last but not least, based on the work of the same special committee, best awards will be decided for each contribution category within each track. More information on the EuroVR best awards procedure will be available soon on the EuroVR 2019 website, as well as the winners of previous years.
For all categories of the Scientific track, submissions have to be uploaded thanks to the Online Conference Service (OCS) of Springer. Information on the OCS page dedicated to the conference will appear in the submission guidelines: https://eurovr2019.eu/call-for-papers/submission-guidelines-scientific-track/
For all categories of the Application track, submissions have to be uploaded thanks to EasyChair. Information will be available soon in the detailed submission guidelines: https://eurovr2019.eu/submission-guidelines-application-track/
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Human factors issues
● User studies on all issues related to VR or AR/AV/MR
● Presence, realism, validity, and fidelity
● 3D user interfaces and/or 3D interaction metaphors
● Self-representation and embodiment, avatars, virtual humans
● Cybersickness and side effects
● Cost-effectiveness and cost efficiency
● Virtual reality system architecture
● Collaborative and distributed VR or AV/AR/MR
● Augmented reality and mobile devices
● Augmented virtuality and tangible interfaces
● Mixed Reality
● Tracking and motion technologies
● Advances in display technologies
● Image-based 3D modeling and rendering
● Realistic rendering of dynamic or complex scenes
● 3D audio rendering and related technologies
● Haptics and force-feedback, algorithms, systems, and devices
● Real-time modeling & simulation
● Multimodal interaction in immersive environments
● Immersive collaboration: technologies, use cases, management
● Immersive analytics: interactions, models, architectures
● Artificial Intelligence for VR or AV/AR/MR
● Virtual humans for VR or AV/AR/MR
● Industrial applications
● Aerospace and Transport
● Construction and Architecture
● Manufacturing and Engineering
● Medical and Rehabilitation
● Product and Process design
● Training and Education
● Cultural heritage and other applications for culture
● Serious Gaming and Edutainment
For the Scientific track, contributions deadlines are:
– Scientific paper submissions: June 3, 2019
– Scientific poster paper submissions: June 28, 2019
– Notification to authors for all Scientific categories: July 12, 2019
– Camera-ready for accepted contributions to all Scientific categories: July 29, 2019.
For the Application track, contributions deadlines are:
– Short abstract submissions for all Application categories: Aug 9, 2019
– Notification to authors for all Application categories: Sept 6, 2019
Camera-ready for accepted contributions to all Application categories: Sept 13, 2019
Early Bird registration: Sept 13, 2019Conference days: October 23-25, 2019
Visit the official website https://eurovr2019.eu for further information.