We are pleased to announce the 18th EuroXR International Conference – EuroXR 2021 – 24-26 November 2021 in Milano, Italy. This conference follows a series of successful European VR/AR conferences taking place since 2004. The CNR-STIIMA institute is organizing the 2021 edition of this conference.
The 18th EuroXR International Conference opens the 1st call for contributions.
1) Scientific track submissions can be:
- Full papers – either Long (14-20 pages) or Medium (8-12 pages) sizing – to be presented respectively as long or short talks during the scientific talk sessions: such submissions target original, unpublished works documenting new research, practices, and experience, novel applications in VR or AV/AR/MR, or sound States of the Arts on challenging research questions in that field.
- Short papers (4-6 pages) to be presented during the scientific poster sessions: such submissions target works in progress or other scientific contributions including ideas for unimplemented and/or unusual VR or AV/AR/MR systems.
All scientific paper submissions must be in one-column Springer format and indicated paper lengths do not include references.
The Scientific Program chairs will be in charge to select the accepted contributions of the both above categories, thanks to a double blind peer reviewing process among an International Program Committee (IPC). All accepted scientific papers will be published with the sizing (Long/Medium or Short) corresponding to their categories in the Scientific proceedings of EuroXR 2021, edited by Springer as a volume of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. For your convenience, indexing information of LNCS series is available on this Springer webpage.
2) Application track contributions can be:
- Application talk (2-4 pages abstract): best practices, practical use cases of VR or AV/AR/MR, project results of applications using such technologies in industry and other sectors, actual or potential transfers of academic results, and position papers.
- Application poster (2-4 pages abstract): recently completed VR or AV/AR/MR applied work, application in progress, or unusual applications.
For this track, the Application Program chairs will manage the full review/acceptation process of two types of contributions (Application talk vs. Application poster).
3) Demo & Exhibition track (2-4 pages abstract): live demonstrations of past and ongoing projects. Technology developers and suppliers, exhibitors, digital artists, and members of the commercial VR or AV/AR/MR communities are all invited to exhibit and demonstrate the latest technologies and applications.
For this track, the Demo & Exhibition chairs will manage the full review/acceptation process of this type of contribution.
All accepted abstracts for the Application track and Demo & Exhibition track will be published in the Application & Demo proceedings of EuroXR 2021 as an ISBN-registered volume edited by VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd.
Moreover, we highly encourage all authors submitting any kind of contribution to categories Full Papers, Short Papers, Application talk or Application poster, to also submit a live demonstration and so a related abstract to this Demo & Exhibition track.
JOURNAL INVITATION AND AWARDS
In addition, a set of the best-accepted contributions will be selected by a special committee structured according to the categories of the Scientific and Application tracks, to invite the authors of the selected contributions to submit an extended version to the open-access journal Frontiers in Virtual Environments.
Last but not the least, based on the work of the same special committee, the best awards will be decided for each contribution category within each track.
For all categories of the Scientific track, double blind peer-reviewing process will be applied, and submissions have to be uploaded thanks to the Online Conference Service (OCS) of Springer.
Information on the OCS page will appear soon in the detailed submission guidelines of this track: euroxr2021.org
For all categories of the Application track and for Demo & Exhibition track, submissions have to be uploaded thanks to EasyChair. Information will be available soon on the conference page: euroxr2021.org
TOPICS OF INTEREST (include, but are not limited to)
Human factors issues
● User studies on all issues related to VR or AR/AV/MR
● Presence, realism, validity and fidelity
● 3D user interfaces and/or 3D interaction metaphors
● Self-representation and embodiment, avatars, virtual humans
● Cybersickness and side effects
● Cost effectiveness and cost efficiency
● Ethical procedures and guidelines
● Virtual reality system architecture
● Collaborative and distributed VR or AV/AR/MR
● Augmented reality and mobile devices
● Augmented virtuality and tangible interfaces
● Mixed Reality
● Tracking and motion technologies
● Advances in display technologies
● Image-based 3D modeling and rendering
● Realistic rendering of dynamic or complex scenes
● 3D audio rendering and related technologies
● Haptics and force-feedback, algorithms, systems, and devices
● Real-time modeling & simulation
● Multimodal interaction in immersive environments
● Immersive collaboration: technologies, use cases, management
● Immersive analytics: interactions, models, architectures
● Artificial Intelligence for VR or AV/AR/MR
● Virtual humans for VR or AV/AR/MR
● Industrial applications
● Aerospace and Transport
● Construction and Architecture
● Manufacturing and Engineering
● Consumer neuroscience
● Organizational neuroscience
● Medical and Rehabilitation
● Product and Process design
● Training and Education
● Cultural heritage and other applications for culture
● Serious Gaming and Edutainment
For the Scientific track, contributions deadlines are:
- All Scientific submissions (Full papers & Short papers):
July 5, 2021
- Notifications to the authors for all Scientific submissions:
August 23, 2021
- Camera ready for all Scientific contributions:
September 13, 2021
For the Application track and the Demo & Exhibition track, contributions deadlines are:
- Short abstract submissions for all related categories:
Sept 13, 2021
- Notification to authors for all related categories:
Oct 4, 2021
- Camera ready for all related categories:
Oct 11, 2021
COVID-19 CONTINGENCY PLAN
In case physical attendance at the conference will not be feasible (due to Covid-19), we will publish all accepted papers as stated above, and we will hold a virtual conference that will allow all authors to present their work.