Mixed and Augmented Reality: University Assistant with Doctorate – ICG, Austria
University Assistant with Doctorate, with Tenure Track to Position as Associate Professor
Institute for Computer Graphics and Vision, Graz, Austria.
Working area: Mixed and Augmented Reality
This full-time employment position (40h/week) is initially restricted to six years and offers the possibility of a qualification agreement for a tenured position. The employment is expected to start on May 1, 2017, and will be part of the Institute of Computer Graphics and Vision.
The position requires a completed PhD degree in computer science or a similar field.
We expect the following qualifications:
- Excellent scientific qualification in Mixed Reality and Augmented Reality (MR/AR), especially computer graphics and visualisation methods for MR/AR and 3D user interfaces for MR/AR
- International scientific publications
- Experience with acquisition, management and scientific supervision of research projects
- Experience in establishing a research group
- Track record of scientific achievements, such as international prizes or awards
- Teaching experience in relevant subjects
- Network in the scientific community
Your job will involve the following duties:
- Research on MR/AR, with the goal to earn international scientific reputation and visibility
- Top-level international publications
- Acquisition of third party funding for research (FFG, FWF, industrial
- Supervision of bachelor and master theses and support in the supervision of PhD students
- Independent teaching in the bachelor and master program and introducing students to the world of visual computing
- Service in the academic administration
The position will be paid according to category B1 of the collective contract of Austrian universities.
Graz University of Technology aims to increase employment of women in leading positions and as part of the research staff. We specifically encourage qualified women to apply. Please note that, all other aspects equal, women will be preferred in hiring.
How to apply:
Applications with supporting documents (copies of certificates and diplomas, CV, publication list, description of scientific and professional career, overview of previous and planned research and teaching, teaching evaluations if available) should be submitted preferably by email to email@example.com and should quote the position identifier.
Closing date for applications:
18th February 2017
Position identifier: 7100/17/001