Virtual Reality Research Interns
Bosch Human Machine Interaction team, Palo Alto, California, U.S.A.
Duration: 3 – 12 months
Start Date: As soon as possible
Degree Level: Masters or Ph.D. – Must be a current student or recent graduate (less than 1 year)
Major(s): Computer Science or related fields
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Conduct advanced research and engineering in the area of virtual reality, e.g. robust hand tracking, multi-modal interaction in immersive virtual environment, and HMD calibration.
- Apply research results to real-world cases with high quality implementation.
- Integrate the resulting system/software into existing Bosch platform.
- Summarize research findings in high-quality paper and patent submissions.
- Strong background in virtual/mixed reality, computer vision, machine learning and related fields
- Proficient with multiple languages and libraries (C++, OpenGL, OpenCV, Unity3D, etc.).
- Strong research and problem solving skills.
- Good communication, teamwork and technical writing skills.
Desired Skills (not required):
- Publication record in top venues (CVPR/ISMAR/IEEEVR/VRST/CHI/SIGGRAPH, etc.).
- Experience with hand tracking and gesture recognition with commodity RGB/RGB-D cameras.
- Experience with multi-modal interaction technology for VR application.
- Experience with HMD calibration.
How to apply:
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with prefix “[VR Research Intern 2017]” in the subject/title.
For further information on this position, see http://www.bosch.us/content/language1/html/15320.htm